Monday, July 25, 2011

Fitness Fakers

Tonight we're going to explore the world of Fitness Fakers. Yes, that group of ladies who wear workout gear deliberately yet do not workout. At all.

As I browsed the aisles at the grocery store tonight, a woman kept stepping in front of me with a very confused look on her face. And after giving her a once over, I realized her confusion because if I was her I'd feel exaaaactly the same. There she stood with obviously freshly highlighted hair pulled back into a ponytail. Her face was perfectly made up. This adorable little head of makeup and cute hair was atop a petite figure dressed in black running shorts and a black tank top, standing in white...perfectly white athletic shoes. Then she had a cute little vera bradley hipster bag to top of her outfit. Really gave it that "pop of color" that the adorable stylist on E! always suggests.  

At that point, it occurred to me that she was what I like to call a "Fitness Faker".There wasn't an ounce of evidence that she'd been breaking a sweat in any way shape or form. Not even from her car to the door of the supermarket! 

WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL????

If you worked out, you'd look like this:


In short, try harder. Step FOOT into a gym. Go for a light jog. Give fitness a try! 





No comments: