Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Californi-YAY!


Californi-yay!
Keeping the watch while Leo slept..
Well, we made it.... coast to coast in a few short days and managed to get along the entire time!!! How did we do it? I slept and he drove. End of discussion.

 California is gorgeous and I can't believe that we are lucky enough to get to live here on Uncle Sam's dime.The journey started off in Norfolk, Virginia- the Navy's capitol. It should be renamed "hell" because that's what it is. Everyone works way too much, has less than no fun, the traffic is beyond awful, and no one is nice. No one. The ONLY good thing that came from my time there was the fiance.

Poor Leo...He wore himself out meowing
Best view of the HST...cause I'm not on it!
From VA, I drove to see my dad in Charleston, SC.  He's up there for another month, working.  We had a yummy steak dinner, caught up and had a great time. We even got to spend father's day together for the first time in almost 4 years.  It was topped off by a huge delicious brunch at the IHOP.  We ate way too much and enjoyed laughing at the dummy who sat outside the ChikFilA next door for 10 minutes before realizing that yes- they are closed on Sunday. Yeesh!!!

So bad...but so good!!!!

The next day I stopped off in Tallahassee to see my MOH Rachel :) I inhaled Zaxby's for lunch on the way there. It was delicious- but I regretted it instantly. We had a great dinner and lots of fun catching up. It was so nice to finally get some time together after a year and a half!!! Unfortunately, our "children" didn't exactly play together like we hoped. Fortunately, they just agreed to ignore each other and no one got hurt. (whew!)



Finally Finally it was time for Pensacola. YAY YAY YAY! Got some QT with Mom, Grandma, and Aunt- and the bugs got to get reacquainted with their cousins- Chief and Missy. Ben flew in to meet everyone and accompany me the rest of the trip. Also, I got to have drinks and dinner with my girls. Hooray!!!

I felt HORRIBLY guilty leaving the bugs behind but in addition to no extra room in the car, it would have been just mean to have them in a car for the next few days. So they're spending the summer in Florida with Grandmeow... just like lots of other kids in America. Haha!
Yep...I know you're leaving us here.  Worst. Mom. Ever.


So Ben and I hit the road. Made it to San Antonio the first day, and the family ranch outside of Tucson, AZ the next day. Long hours, but we made great time and were enjoying ourselves. Spent 2 day on the ranch, just relaxing and doing much of nothing...then hit the road early Monday morning and were in our California home before dark!
Boyfriend!

Amazing view, right?

Hellooooooo Arizona!

El Moo


Cacti
Front of the beautiful ranch home



Yay Heat!
Me and my new boyfriend...Rover :)


King of the Mountain!
My future Sister In Law!
Arizona desert


















California is awesome, as I have stated before and we have the cutest little house a block from the beach!  
Finally out of the car!!!!!!!!
Ocean view :)
Home Sweet Home

Last thought- we managed to fit ALL THIS in my Mini. Yeah, we don't know how either!

That's all for now...


No comments: