Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 19- Five Favorite Blogs

1. www.womenlivingwell.org
     This woman is SUCH a Godsend to a newly wed gal like myself. Transitioning from FSG, to FG, FW within less than two years mixed in with a cross country move, and a job change left me reeling with confusion about love, life, God, and what the heck I am supposed to be doing with myself in my new role as wife. She nails it right on the head and there isn't a day that goes by now that I don't think "Is this how Courtney would do it?"

2. http://purifyingpolly.blogspot.com/
My best friend pens this cute little blog about clean and healthy eating in a dirty, overprocessed, obese world. I LOVE having her in my life to be my living food journal. She always tries the most fantastic recipes, and reads so much so she is definitely my go-to person for nutrition questions and food recommendations. Her efforts are a loonnng way from our days in college where I have actually witnessed her polishing off a case of sunkist soda in less than a week, topped with some caramel machiatos from the sbux in our library several days a week, then we would hit up the coldstone creamery every sunday night where she would help my broke ass dig into a big cup of calories. oh, and did I mention the mexican place we would go to for MULTIPLE bowls of queso and some quesadillas. Yeah. Not the best choices for our growing minds [and waistlines]!!!

3. http://www.pennypincherfashion.com/
The title of this lovely gal's blog says it all. She is a fashionista on a budget, and her outfit combos are just sensational. There's not too many gals I know that can't relate to her efforts to stay fabulous without breaking the bank. It's refreshing and fun to step into her world and see what you can create from your very own closet, or nearby consignment shop!

4. http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/
This blog was one I stumbled upon about two years ago while I was living in Virginia. She knows a friend of my roomate and that's the 6 degrees of separation! While we do not know each other in real life, I read her posts daily and really enjoy her style of writing and photography. She is part of my inspiration to begin my very own photography business because she recently did the very same and really has taken off with it! So great to see people find their passion and thrive happily.

5. http://www.catversushuman.com/
I love cats, and even though I only have two- somehow I've still managed to earn the title of "cat lady". Anyway, this little blog is just HILARIOUS and filled with the silly things every cat ever has done. It's really fun to see it penned into a cute little cartoon. Another favorite of mine related to cats is www.simonscat.com. Click on "films" and enjoy.

No comments: