Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology.

To My Parents,

     I was a horrible teenager and it was no one's fault but my own. I was young, impressionable, and naturally did not believe anything you said. Ever. But I am older now and it's amazing what I have learned in 15 short years. You were right. My friend Toni was a bad influence. Boys did only want one thing if they called after 9pm. [this is still true, girls. A man respects your beauty rest and wouldn't want to ruin it.] Living at home was good for me and working crappy retail jobs taught me a million things from humility to good budgeting skills. After all, folks:  $5.35 an hour only went so far on 29 or less hours a week.
Breaking up with Mark was the absolute best thing I ever did aside from dating him. That relationship taught me how NOT to let a man treat me. But thankfully, you started letting me make my own mistakes after I kicked that jerk to the curb, and boy-oh-boy was that a learning curve. Long story short, you were right- I was wrong. Mission accomplished. I love you and promise to listen...from a few years ago on :)

xoxo,
Cece

No comments: