Friday, May 3, 2013

Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at...

As a member of the military, I have missed so many important life events of family and friends. Birthdays, weddings, babies, graduations, new pets, funerals, mothers days, fathers days, my own birthday, christmas, easter... shall I go on [and further depress you]?  We earn 2.5 days of leave each month. That's it.  Leave is only approved IF the command can afford for you to be gone.  So think about how many days (8-14hrs) you'll work without time off (other than weekends) so you can take two weeks off for a vacation? Oh, and we don't get overtime. Ever. 

That being said, I am grateful for Facebook. It allows me to carry out my duties as a service member, and still watch my friends lives blossom while sharing a little piece of my own now and then. Over-sharing really annoys me so I try not to do it myself. (another post for another day...) It makes the sacrifice of time away from my loved ones a little more bearable. Just a little.



I know a lot about sacrifice. 

No comments: