Wednesday, May 1, 2013

STory of MY Life in 250 Words


Beautiful Blue Angels in 2009

In Honolulu, Hawaii in 1984 my mother gave birth to me on a Monday evening. Apparently my Dad’s ship returned to port juuuuust in time. A few years later, we packed our life up and moved to Florida. My grandparents were soon behind us- choosing to spend their retirement with us. There in Pensacola, Florida is where I would spend the next 20 years of my life. My dad was a Navy man and my mom was a school teacher. We lived in the sweet hometown of the Blue Angels. I went to elementary school, high school, and college all in the same town which does not sound all that exciting… but it was great! Soon I was a college graduate, living at home, and making about $14K a year.  SOMETHING HAD TO CHANGE! 

First Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.
So I took my knowledge and applied to be a Naval Officer…what a great decision?! Since then I have lived all over the country, and even traveled to the far away city of Dubai. Now, I am married and living in southern California with the husband [a Navy pilot] and two cats, in a beach home not far from the Navy base. With extended family nearby and also back east, we have a home no matter where Uncle Sam sends us! God is good!
The beach, one block from our home.

No comments: